Hello, Fridge divers! Your intrepid editor-in-chief here.
With another thrilling and successful convention safely under our belts, New York Comic-Con has (sadly) come and gone. We had a pretty damn great time (you should totally attend next year if you haven't yet), and we had lots to report by the time we got back.
But did you catch it all? Our discussions with the masterminds behind DC Animated films? Our panel reports? Our interview with the man behind the voices you grew up with?
To make sure you catch all of the our great coverage from NYCC 2012, we've rounded up all of our articles right in one convenient location!
- Pre-NYCC: The Fridgecast, Episode 17 - Con Air
- Sr. Editor Tek and I talk about our experiences at Baltimore Comic-Con in September, and what we're looking forward to at NYCC prior to our arrival at the Javits Convention Center.
- Dark Horse Brings Us the Greatest Hero In the Mass Effect Universe
- Enkindle this! Dark Horse has brought us some great comics set in the ME universe, but only now do we get the backstory behind the real hero. Shepard who?
- Rob Paulsen At NYCC
- Our Sr. Editor Tek catches up with the legendary voice actor Rob Paulsen to ask about his Talkin' Toons podcast and more! Paulsen, whom you know better as the voices of Raphael, Yakko Warner, and Pinky (among many, many others), quite simply is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
- A Very Venture Interview
- With The Venture Bros. finally returning later this month for a Halloween special and a new season early next year, we caught up with series creators Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer to talk about the upcoming festivities. They, uh, talked about their other theories.
- Skip Brittenham and Brian Haberlin Shows Us "Anomaly"
- This new and massive graphic novel is notable not only for its epic story and beautiful art, but also for its new tech-focused presentation. Creators Skip Brittenham and Brian Haberlin talk about Anomaly and how it looks toward the future of consuming media.
- Panel Report: "666 Park Avenue"
- Our Sr. Contributor/ace TV fangirl Amy made her way to the panel room to hear from the cast and crew of the new series, starring Lost's Terry O'Quinn.
- Panel Report: Green Lantern - The Third Army Arrives
- Sr. Editor Tek, Green Lantern of Sector OTF, visits the panel to get all the juicy details of the new event spanning all of DC's GL titles in the New 52.
- Panel Report: "Arrow"
- Sr. Editor Tek once again hits the panel rooms to get the info - this time on the Emerald Archer, Oliver Queen. Check out all the details of this gritty telling of Green Arrow, and see the new sizzle reel straight from the panel room. Is that... Jack Harkness?!
- "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2" Roundtable with Andrea Romano
- Emmy-winning voice director Andrea Romano takes on the DC Animated universe once again, directing the animated adaptation of Batman's more famous stories. Romano discusses the process behind the voices, how Lost's Michael Emerson became the Joker, what makes Kevin Conroy so special and more!
- "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2" Roundtable with Bruce Timm
- Sr. Editor Tek sat down at the table with "The Architect of the DC Animated Universe" Bruce Timm, discussing the challenges with bringing the Frank Miller work to the screen and lots more.
- DC Animated's 2013 Film Lineup
- Straight from the "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" panel at the IGN Theatre, we've got the full lineup of films slated for release in 2013, with trailers to accompany them. Check out what's in store -- including what could be Warner Home Video's most ambitious adaptation yet!
- An Interview with Redbubble's Peter Tomassi
- Sr. Contributor Amy tracks down CCO Peter Tomassi to talk about the artist-friendly focus behind Redbubble, the marketplace that empowers creators with the tools to connect and to sell their work directly with the public.
- The Fridgecast, Episode 18 - A New York Comic-Con State of Mind
- Finally settling off of our respective con highs, Tek, Amy, and I recount the stories of the weekend and why such this atmosphere of chaos and crazy somehow revitalizes us for more.
Yeah, so when I said there was plenty of coverage -- I wasn't kidding! I'm super proud of the great work that the three of us were able to accomplish during the convention weekend and over the following week. We currently have even more slated to come up in the future from the seeds we've planted with our NYCC connections, so be sure to be on the lookout for them.
If you like our coverage, please spread the word! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to us on YouTube, add our podcast to your iTunes feed... and, most importantly, spread the love! We love doing this stuff, and we love bringing it to you -- and the more Fridge divers we get, the more we'll be able to do so.
This is our final convention of 2012, but we're far from done -- we've still got TV recaps, video game news, and comic reviews to bring your way! Check back often, and keep Opening the Fridge!